Recipe by Recipe Baroness
My aunt gave me this recipe one year just before thanks giving so I could make a side dish for the family gathering . It worked great for a side dish and been a favorite of mine ever since.. The secret is Vidalia onions but for me, it's sweet memory's of holidays past!
Top Review by cyaos
I agree that you can't have this alone as a side dish but as a compliment to something else it was pretty good. I used garlic croutons and still thought it was missing something and may add some fresh parsley and crushed garlic to the soup mixture next time. Thanks for posting!
- 6 medium vidalia onions
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- herb flavored salad crouton (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a buttered casserole dish with thinly sliced Vidalia onion rings.
- add seasonings and soup
- top with pats of butter and salad croutons.
- bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Note: I have also used (captain wafers)crackers as the topping with equal success.