Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A colleague gave me this recipe and DH loves them. Besides tasting great, you use only one mixing bowl! :)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put margarine, brown sugar, molasses, egg, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, clove, and ginger into mixing bowl and mix.
- Roll into walnut size balls.
- Put about 1/2 cup of regular sugar in cereal size bowl, and 1/2 cup water in ramekin size dish.
- Roll dough ball in sugar.
- Place wide apart on slightly greased cookie sheet; dip a glass into water and flatten the cookie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, or until done to your family's preferences.
- NOTE: If it is a dark cookie sheet it will take less time than on a brand new shiny sheet; and if they sit on the hot sheet after removing from oven they will harden even more. Some like these cookies hard but I do not.
I was expecting more of a zing when I bit into these. I also cooked them longer than the 8 minutes and left them on the cookie sheet, but I never got them crispy enough. Maybe I could put more Ginger in them? Anyways, I might try them again and see how it goes. Also all I had was jumbo eggs and that might have made them not get hard. Anyways, thanks for the recipe; they were really easy and fast to make. I did this for the "Cookbook Tag" game.
I made these for Lemon Cheesecake Sandwiches - and they were great both with and without the filling. I was surprised by how much the cookies spread as they baked. For ZWT6 N.
I liked these biscuits just the right amount of spiciness. I made some soft and some hard ones. Made for ZWT 6