Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Posted in response to a request. Prep time includes lots of chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon kudzu
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 3 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 small very ripe mangoes, peeled and pureed
- In a bowl, mix the 3 crust ingredients together; evenly press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Now, make filling: In a small bowl, dissolve kudzu in 2 tbsp of the soy milk; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining soy milk, agar-agar, maple syrup, orange zest, cardamom and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add dissolved kudzu; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened enough to coat back of wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in pureed mango; stir for 1 minute or until combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Pie can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.