Recipe by Lennie
I am posting some vegan recipes, untried by me but looking good!
Top Review by hauntedevents
It really is good. I made it as the vegan option for a friend's wedding and received multiple requests for the recipe from vegans and non-vegans both. Unlike most other vegan cheesecake recipes, this one makes a free-standing cheesecake rather than one that is served from the pan, which made it prettier to serve.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, rinsed
- 2 bananas, quartered
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white miso
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a bowl, stir together the 4 crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes; let cool.
- To make filling, rinse tofu and cut into quarters.
- In food processor, puree tofu until smooth.
- Add bananas, maple syrup, soy milk, almond butter, cocoa, lemon juice, vanilla and miso; blend until very smooth.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes in preheated oven or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Use a serrated knife for cutting, for best results.