Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A combination of pumpkin, evaporated milk, cinnamon and ice cream make up this scrumptious drink for your holiday meal. *This can be made more diabetic friendly be using Splenda in place of the honey and fat free evaporated milk for the regular and if you can get reduced or sugar free ice cream, go with that, and you'll be smiling.
- 1 (15 ounce) can100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Place pumpkin, evaporated milk, honey and cinnamon in blender container; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cream and rum; blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.
This was a lovely way to get pumpkin into my little one as it was largely undetectable in this combo. Thick creamy & delicious with a hint of spice, really nice, thanks!
Wonderful! I don't like egg nog and this is such a tasty alternative! Made it just as stated (except for the rum) and it was very delish! I think the servings are a little off, unless you like really small servings. It made 4 (half mug) servings. May try light evaporated milk next time to cut the fat.