Recipe by Wish my name is Sheridan
I've heard many good things about this biscotti, so I'm gonna try and make it! This came from the Very Best Baking site.
Top Review by CoffeeB
I"m not really sure I care for Biscotti, unless I have a coffee chaser that is. This is definitely not something for everyone but I will admit it had good taste. Maybe for people that don't like anything real sweet. I cut the baking time in 1/2 and they still turned out.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons nescafe taster's choice 100% pure instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, coffee granules, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract; beat until mixture is slightly thickened. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in almonds.
- DIVIDE dough in half. With floured hands, shape into two 12-inch long rolls; flatten slightly. Place on one large or two small baking sheets.
- BAKE in preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet(s) on wire rack(s) for 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; arrange cut side down on baking sheets. Return to oven; bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to wire rack(s) to cool completely. Melt morsels according to package directions; drizzle over cooled cookies.