Prep 30 mins
Cook 43 mins
I've heard many good things about this biscotti, so I'm gonna try and make it! This came from the Very Best Baking site.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons nescafe taster's choice 100% pure instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, coffee granules, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract; beat until mixture is slightly thickened. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in almonds.
- DIVIDE dough in half. With floured hands, shape into two 12-inch long rolls; flatten slightly. Place on one large or two small baking sheets.
- BAKE in preheated 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until firm. Cool on baking sheet(s) on wire rack(s) for 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; arrange cut side down on baking sheets. Return to oven; bake for additional 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to wire rack(s) to cool completely. Melt morsels according to package directions; drizzle over cooled cookies.
I"m not really sure I care for Biscotti, unless I have a coffee chaser that is. This is definitely not something for everyone but I will admit it had good taste. Maybe for people that don't like anything real sweet. I cut the baking time in 1/2 and they still turned out.