Recipe by CHEF GRPA
You can't beat the original. Satisfy your chocolate craving with some Toll House Famous Fudge. Yields:24 servings (2 pieces per serving) + Cooling:120 mins
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 158.51 ml Carnation Evaporated Milk (5 fl.-oz. can)
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml miniature marshmallows
- 354.88 ml nestle toll house semisweet chocolate morsels
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (optional) or 118.29 ml walnuts (optional)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. LINE a 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- 2. COMBINE the sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3. STIR in the marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.
- 4. FOR MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE:.
- SUBSTITUTE: 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.
- 5. FOR BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE:.
- SUBSTITUTE: 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.
- 6. FOR PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE FUDGE:.
- SUBSTITUTE: 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.
- 7. Note:.