This is a great brownie recipe that I've made for years. Easy to make and different from the standard brownie.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and water.
- Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add 6 ounces (1 cup) chocolate morsels and vanilla extract.
- Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining 6 ounces (1 cup) of chocolate morsels and the nuts.
- Spread into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 2 1/4-inch squares.