Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
this is a chocolate pie like no other..
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons nestle Quik chocolate milk mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Slightly beat egg yolks and add milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and cook over medium heat until thick.
- Add vanilla and butter.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
What a lovely, creamy pie. This is so simple to make, and a great hit with the kids. I used a crushed biscuit base for my pie, and chilled it for approx. 6 hours before serving. I served it plain because I had no cream, but next time I will top it with whipped cream before serving. Thanks for sharing :)