Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lower fat version of those good ole' Nestle Chocolate Chip cookies (from an actual Nestle brand cookbook).
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (Nestle brand is best)
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat together sugars, margarine and vanilla in a separate bowl. Beat in egg whites.
- Gradually beat in flour mix and water. Stir in chips and drop onto parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe tastes so good. I'm thinking next time I might cut down on the sugar and see how that tastes. Great recipe!!
This recipe tastes no different than the original version that has a lot higher fat content. I followed the directions and they came out wonderfully. I made these for the Sunday gathering we have during the Cardinals away games and they were all finished off by the end of the night. Thanks so much for such a great recipe!