Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another butterscotch favorite in our house next to eating the morsels straight from the bag.
Make and share this Nestle' Chewy Butterscotch Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels, and nuts.
- Spread into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
These are the best butterscotch brownies I've ever tasted. They are dense, moist and packed with butterscotch. Unfortunately, these are addictive and once I started eating them I could not stop. Thanks for posting this, Caryn.
I don't know why this received so many rave reviews. All I can say is when you pick it up and eat it, you will say Yum, until you see the grease on your hands. I don't think I have ever eaten any sweet so greasy.
This is so good!! Moist, very rich. I chose to use black walnuts. Perfecto!! I cut them in rather large pieces. I served them as a dessert with a scoop of a good Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top that had been drizzled with a little Caramel Syrup and finely chopped Walnuts. So, so rich! What a beautiful dessert!