Another butterscotch favorite in our house next to eating the morsels straight from the bag.
Make and share this Nestle' Chewy Butterscotch Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels, and nuts.
- Spread into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
These are the best butterscotch brownies I've ever tasted. They are dense, moist and packed with butterscotch. Unfortunately, these are addictive and once I started eating them I could not stop. Thanks for posting this, Caryn.
I don't know why this received so many rave reviews. All I can say is when you pick it up and eat it, you will say Yum, until you see the grease on your hands. I don't think I have ever eaten any sweet so greasy.
This is so good!! Moist, very rich. I chose to use black walnuts. Perfecto!! I cut them in rather large pieces. I served them as a dessert with a scoop of a good Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top that had been drizzled with a little Caramel Syrup and finely chopped Walnuts. So, so rich! What a beautiful dessert!