Prep 1 min
Cook 8 mins
I came up with this one evening when I was craving breakfast. I was out of bread and all I had was leftover bagels. So I figured I would give it a try! You could easily make it with any kind of meat and cheese. Probably not the most healthy of meals, but it ends up with a perfectly toasted bagel and a very tasty sandwich! Enjoy
- Cook bacon in large skillet, set aside.
- While cooking bacon break egg into small glass and stir to break yolk.
- Place bagel, cut side down in skillet and pour half of egg in each side.
- Flip when half of egg is done to your liking. May need to be flipped a few times to get all of the egg cooked.
- When egg is almost done flip bagel egg side up and add a slice of cheese to each side.
- Add bacon and form into a sandwich.
- I often stir up any egg that does not stay on the bagel and place it with the bacon to add at that step.
A bagel place where I went to college called their egg sandwiches "eggels." I never put meat on them--the eggs and cheese was yummy enough for me!