2 hrs 15 mins
Rainberry Blues's Note:
A splendid holiday dessert. (Prep time includes chilling time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9 inch baked graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- red and green candied pineapple, for garnish
- 1Combine gelatin, salt, nutmeg, and 3 tbsp sugar in saucepan.
- 2In small bowl, whisk egg yolks together with milk.
- 3Add to gelatin mixture in saucepan.
- 4Cook and stir over medium-low heat, until mixture is thickened and can coat a spoon.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in lemon peel and rum.
- 7Refrigerate for 40 minutes, or until cold but not yet firm.
- 8Beat eggs whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 9Add 1/4 cup sugar, a little at a time.
- 10Beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 11Fold gelatin mixture and mixed candied fruit into egg white mixture.
- 12Fill prepared pie crust with mixture.
- 13Chill until set, at least 1 hour.
- 14Garnish with whipped cream and candied pineapple.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nesselrode Pie
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 289.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit