I dug this recipe out of the depths of my mother's collection. She'd no idea where it came from and it has turned out to be one of my personal favorites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef (or 1lb ground beef, 1lb sausage)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1Brown meat: drain.
- 2Add remaining meat mixture ingredients and simmer.
- 3Meanwhile, cook nine lasagna noodles for 12 minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse noodles in cold water.
- 5Mix the cheese mixture ingredients well with mixer.
- 6Butter a 9x13" pan.
- 7Alternate layers starting with noodles, then ground beef mixture, sprinkle on parmesan cheese, cottage cheese mixture, then mozzarella cheese.
- 8Do this three times.
- 9Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
- 10Can be frozen before or after baking.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nessa's Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (3035 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4969.9
- Calories from Fat 2307
- Total Fat 256.3 g
- Saturated Fat 120.1 g
- Cholesterol 1403.1 mg
- Sodium 13945.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 281.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.6 g
- Sugars 71.2 g
- Protein 382.5 g