Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
THIS IS A FUN AND GREAT RECIPE! WE LOVE IT! Winter 2001. Moist and tasty. This fun cake with three different flavors will be a hit with kids of all ages. Serve it at your next birthday party for a neat change of pace. Makes 16 servings. Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Nestle Nesquik.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 517.37 g package white cake mix
- 177.44 ml milk
- 177.44 ml double chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 177.44 ml strawberry-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch, 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- BEAT cream cheese and eggs in large mixer bowl until smooth.
- Beat in cake mix alternately with milk.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick).
- Remove 2 cups batter and place in separate bowl; stir in chocolate Nesquik.
- Remove 2 more cups white cake batter and place in separate bowl; stir in strawberry Nesquik.
- SPOON strawberry batter into prepared pan; tap pan on counter lightly.
- Spoon white batter over strawberry batter covering it completely, and then spoon chocolate batter over white batter.
- BAKE on center oven rack for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Loosen edges with butter knife if needed; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I made this for my son's 12th birthday party. I had to use a 9 x 13 pan to get the right base for the decorated cake that he chose. Layering the batter was a little tricky because it's so thick, but it worked GREAT! He's thrilled with it!
This is truly a fun cake! I have to admit that I cheated. I didn't have a white cake mix and wanted to make it so badly, but I did have a marble cake mix, so I just made as directed, using 1/3 of the batter with strawberry Nesquik, 1/3 with the chocolate packet from the marble cake mix, and adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the plain batter. The cake slices are beautiful! The strawberry layer was moist, but for some reason the chocolate and vanilla layers were a tad dry. I will certainly play around with this recipe! I might spoon the batter into ziplock bags and make cupcakes, and might make a 3 layer cake, 1 layer of each flavor, and frost with marshmallow or 7 minute frosting. But I will make it again...my DH who doesn't really like cake went back for a second piece last night! Thanks for posting such a fun recipe!
Realy striking colors, just like opening a carton of neopolitan ice cream. The cake is moist and flavorful, but the flavor of the strawberry is understandably artificial tasting. This is particularly easy to make with the cake mix and I think a glaze drizzled over the top would be quite good, although it doesn't need it. Better the next day. Thanks for the clever recipe!