1 hr 20 mins
A delightful shrimp cream puff. My mom came up with this one. The recipe is for a very good pate a choux and the stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CREAM PUFF or PATE A CHOUX
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 4 large eggs, plus
- 2 egg whites (eggs should equal 1 cup)
- 1PUFF or PATE A CHOUX:.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare 2 sheet pans with parchment.
- 3Boil water, butter, sugar and salt. While coming to a boil, prepare eggs.
- 4Add flour and remove from heat. Work mixture together and return to heat.
- 5Continue working the mixture until all flour is incorporated and dough forms a ball.
- 6Transfer mixture into bowl of a standing mixer and let cool for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 7With mixer on stir or lowest speed add eggs, 1 at a time, making sure the first egg is completely incorporated before continuing.
- 8Once all eggs have been added and the mixture is smooth, put dough into piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- 9Pipe immediately into golfball-size shapes, 2 inches apart onto parchment lined sheet pans.
- 10Cook for 30–35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Once they are removed from the oven pierce each puff with a paring knife immediately to release steam.
- 12SHRIMP FILLING:.
- 13In large bowl, combine all ingredients except hot sauce and mix until well incorporated. Add hot sauce to taste. Chill. Fill piping bag and fill Pate a Choux puffs accordingly.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nerdmom's Shrimp Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g