Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my beautiful daughter, Nerdles, who got it from a Better Homes and Garden magazine. Thanks Nerdles :) Love ya Baby Girl
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely snipped
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ancho chili pepper, and kosher salt; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, salsa and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Remove lid.
- Cover pan with a clean kitchen towel; replace lid.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to let the towel absorb any excess moisture.
- Remove lid and towel, add cilantro; fluff rice with fork.