Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found online by a friend from work and it immediately became one of our favorites. The casserole is so creamy and perfectly flavored. It makes a very elegant presentation served in individual ramekins.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 2 cups crabmeat, picked and cleaned
- 1 cup shrimp, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 3 T butter over medium heat in a large saucepan; remove from heat and whisk in flour.
- Whisk in 1/2 c of heavy cream and return to heat.
- Add in the parmesan cheese; stir until creamy.
- Remove from heat and add in the remaining cream.
- Add in the sherry, paprika, Old Bay, cayenne, mushrooms, minced onion, crabmeat and shrimp.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 ramekins.
- In a food processor, blend the croutons and parsley together.
- Top each casserole with this mixture and drizzle with the 4 T of melted butter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is browned and bubbly.
Made this last night. It was rich and delicious. The cayenne gave it a light kick but didn't overpower the recipe. Only changes I made was that I added scallops because I had them on hand. Also used dried parsley instead of fresh. Fresh would have been much better. Next time I would crush the croutons by hand as they came out too fine in the food processor and it could have used a bit of crunch. Definite keeper. I will be making this again. Thank you Dreamgoddess!
This is quite rich and wonderful. Made as directed for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap. Thanks, Dreamgoddess!