Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A recipe that has Neptune in the title usually means that it has shrimp or other seafood. My version of Neptune Salad is especially refreshing on a hot day and has a lusty flavor that likely would satisfy a Roman god.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 5 cups fresh watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups jicama, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, deveined, shells and tails removed
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a blender jar and puree until smooth.
- Place the watermelon and jicama in a bowl and pour the dressing over them.
- Marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add the green onions, cherry tomatoes, shrimp, feta cheese and cilantro, and mix well.
- Chill 20 minutes and serve.