Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My wife and I ran into this recipe on one of our trips to Nepal. It's simple to make and surprisingly good. While it's good as written it can be easily adjusted to taste. I like more tomato (2 or 3) and jalapenos in mine (2 or 3). This is best made an hour or two before it's needed but will keep for 6-8 hours in the frige.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces dry roasted peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- 1 small white onion
- 1 large roma tomato
- 2 jalapenos or 2 other mild green chilies
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt, to taste (if using unsalted peanuts)
- 1 -2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soya oil (optional)
- 2 -3 teaspoons cilantro
- Dice the onion, tomato and chilis and place in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the cilatro and add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix and serve with corn chips.
I went to a Nepali pot-luck last night and brought this salsa. It was fabulous! Super easy to make, too. This one's a keeper for sure.