1/1 Photo of Nepali (India) Mango Chutney
Found in the search for good recipes to use mangos during an abundant crop year. This is a rich, dark chutney with an exotic flavor. Others will, likely, not be able to identify the spice combination. Very nice and different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the mango with knife (good result with potato peeler).
- 2Evenly sprinkle the sugar over mango and leave for sometime in cool place (for better result leave 12 hours).
- 3Heat the pan. Roast the cumin, coriander and cardamom. Add everything else and bring to simmer for about.
- 42-3 hours on low heat, stirring from time to time, until the mango becomes translucent and the liquid has.
- 5almost evaporated, leaving behind a thick syrup.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Let it cool and put into jars using good canning tecnique, using a funnel. Store in cold place an enjoy the mango chutney in coming.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nepali (India) Mango Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 129.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g