Recipe by Ambervim
Found in the search for good recipes to use mangos during an abundant crop year. This is a rich, dark chutney with an exotic flavor. Others will, likely, not be able to identify the spice combination. Very nice and different.
- 4 mangoes, slightly under ripe (3 lbs)
- 340.19 g brown sugar
- 3.30 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml coriander seed
- 1.23 ml cardamom
- 4.92 ml red pepper
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 7.39 ml ginger paste
- 2.46 ml clove
- 453.59 g vinegar
- 9.85 ml garlic paste (minced will do)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the mango with knife (good result with potato peeler).
- Evenly sprinkle the sugar over mango and leave for sometime in cool place (for better result leave 12 hours).
- Heat the pan. Roast the cumin, coriander and cardamom. Add everything else and bring to simmer for about.
- 2-3 hours on low heat, stirring from time to time, until the mango becomes translucent and the liquid has.
- almost evaporated, leaving behind a thick syrup.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool and put into jars using good canning tecnique, using a funnel. Store in cold place an enjoy the mango chutney in coming.