1/1 Photo of Nepali Chicken (Pakistani Style)
My mother's own modified version of the classic Nepali dish. Serve as lunch or dinner, with or without gravy and ingredients you might just have in your fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken (Chicken fillet, cubed pieces or any form you like)
- 1 onion
- 2 red capsicums
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or 1 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste or 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Marinate the chicken mixing your pieces with 1 Tablespoon yougurt, 1 Teaspoon garlic paste or chopped, and salt+pepper.
- 2Place this mixture in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- 3Chop Onions, Capsicums and 1 tomato in cubes. Pour 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a pan with lid, fry these vegetables on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Add a pinch of pepper and cover the pan for best "steamed" results. Leave these on heat and proceed to the next steps.
- 5After the chicken is marinated, fry it to a golden brown. Drain and leave aside.
- 6In another pan, heat a tablespoon of cooking oil, fry 1 peeled, deseeded and slightly crushed tomato.
- 7After 1 minute, add 1 teaspoon garlic paste or chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, and 1 teaspoon corriander powder. Fry this mixture for at least 5 minutes.
- 8Add 3 tablespoons of yogurt. If you like a lot of gravy, then you can add more yogurt. But if you prefer dry chicken, then 3 is enough.
- 9Add your already fried chicken to this mixture.
- 10Let this cook until the oil appears on the edges of the pan or when gravy thickens.
- 11Now add this cooked mixture on top of the bed of onions, capsicums and tomatoes in the other pan which is already on low heat. No need to mix everything.
- 12You're done. Serve with boiled white rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nepali Chicken (Pakistani Style)
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.0
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 232.0 mg
- Sodium 1401.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 60.8 g