Recipe by JoyfulCook
A rich flavored curry-easy to make and not expensive. Can be thrown together at the last minute, a favorite also with vegetarians.
Top Review by loof
This is a great and easy curry! I used a whole large jalapeno for the chili pepper and it was great with the potatoes, just added a mellow heat. This smelled great cooking and had a beautiful color. Hearty, flavorful, and quick to prepare - loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2012 event, recommended by rpgaymer
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 -2 mild green chili
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, fresh grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion until soft and golden. Stir in pepper, chili, garlic, ginger, turmeric and salt. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes then add the potatoes; stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients and hot water. Simmer until vegetables are cooked, thicken if necessary.
- Serve with rice and accompaniments.