1/1 Photo of Neopolitan Zuppa Di Zucchine
From Mediterranean Dishes. Use only the best zucchini available. Do not prepare out of season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 pints hot vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped (curly parsley okay to use)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 slices Italian bread, toasted (or French bread)
- lemon slice
- 1Without peeling the zucchini, cut into small cubes. Heat the olive oil on medium and cook the zucchini for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Add the hot stock, season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and stew gently for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, beat the eggs and Parmesan cheese together with the herbs.
- 4Just before serving the soup, place the toasted bread in a soup tureen. Remove the soup from the heat and quickly stir in the egg mixture using a wire whisk.
- 5Pour the soup over the toast, add a bit more salt or pepper if needed and serve immediately.
- 6Serve lemon slices on side for garnish.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neopolitan Zuppa Di Zucchine
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: