Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Sort of a burrito, kind of an enchilada, this one is very easy. Make sure you use really good tomatillo salsa. By Raquel Pelzel.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked chicken (a little more than half a chicken)
- 1 lime, juice of (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatillo salsa
- 1 jalapeno, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 slices asadero cheese (about 4 ounces) or 4 slices provolone cheese (about 4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Put the chicken in a small bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, 1/2 cup of the salsa, 1 teaspoon of the minced jalapeño, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, the minced onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a quarter of the chicken mixture on the lower third of one of the tortillas and roll it into a cylinder from the bottom up, tucking in the sides as you go, so that no chicken escapes from the ends.
- Place the filled tortilla in a square 8-by-8-inch baking dish with the seam facing down. Repeat with the remaining chicken and tortillas.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup salsa with 1 tablespoon water, the remaining lime juice, the cilantro, and the jalapeño.
- Arrange the slices of cheese over the tortillas and pour the salsa mixture over the top. Bake until the cheese is browned and melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.