Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend for my house warming party last year. It's so easy to make and so good! She makes it from memory every time...I still need directions. I hope you enjoy it.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Blend cream cheese, lemon and condensed milk together till smooth.
- Add the rest of ingredients with the whip cream at the end.
- Mix well and serve.
- (If you want to make it in a pie form, add a packet of Knox unflavored gelatin when you first blend cheese and milk together. You can use the Oreo or graham cracker pie shells. Store in refrigerator for about 1/2 hour before serving).
This was a nice, light and fluffy dessert (notwithstanding the unattractive mental picture that the recipe's name offers up lol). I didn't have any pecans, so I left those out, but it was okay because I'm not sure I would have wanted little hard bits in something so fluffy. I did kinda wonder when I made it, though, was the Cool Whip amount supposed to indicate the large-size tub? I added two small-size (8oz) tubs to make the 16 ounces, but it seemed a bit heavy on the Cool Whip, and I was thinking that maybe I should have went with one large-size (12oz) tub of Cool Whip instead. No matter, it was still good. As an afterthought, I bet this would be really good as a dip for shortbread cookies or graham cookies. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 08