Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
Traditional Cookie Bake Favorite. Includes Christmas Stockings, Bells, Holly, Christmas Trees
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Mix thoroughly in food processor: butter, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract .
- Blend in flour, soda, and cream of tartar.
- Cover; chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough in half. Roll each half 3/16" thick on lightly floured board. Cut into desired shapes; Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minuts or until light brown on edge.
I make these cookies every year and they are always a favorite!