Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The Glaze is used to obtain a smooth icing surface on the cookies in preparation for decorating them with Piped Icing.
- 9 cups powdered sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered egg whites
- 16 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 drop food coloring, in red and green. (Paste food coloring works best)
- Combine powdered sugar, Just Whites dried egg whites with water and beat until it is a smooth. (Note: water can be adjusted to obtain desired consistency for dipping cookies in Glaze.).
- Separate Glaze into two bowls and add paste food coloring:.
- Tint Red for Christmas stocking cookie shapes.
- Tint Green for Christmas tree cookie shapes.
- Dip each cookie in glaze and let dry thoroughly prior to storing.
Makes them look very professional - dries with a perfectly flat finish!
I was making lollipop cookies for a baby shower and this worked perfectly for what I was doing. No running, and just great all the way around!j Who says it has to be for Christmas :)
just what I was looking for. the nicest finish to make my cookie tray look beautiful