Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Traditional Cookie Bake Favorite. A delicious butter cookie that has a Maraschino cherry center.
- 118.29 ml butter (softened)
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 0.13 ml red food coloring paste
- 354.88 ml flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 20-25 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, vanilla.
- Add red food coloring.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough hold together. (If dough is dry, mix in 1 – 2 Tablespoons light cream.
- Mold dough by teaspoonfuls around Maraschino cherry.
- Place cookies about 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until set but not browned.
- Cool. Dip tops of cookies into Icing.
Excellent cookie. Have been making them every Christmas for over 20 years. A must have for every cookie platter.
I barely got a chance to cool & decorate these cookies! My family has gobbled them up. Luckily, I was able to get at least one so I could review. lol Very easy recipe, my color paste was too old so I ended up with a funky color but they taste great. Buttery cookie with a yummy cherry surprise in the middle. Thanks for sharing, Debbie! Made for Oct 08 Think Pink tag.
I was looking for something for my Christmas cookie platters that wasn't chocolate or peanut butter. Something colorful and different - and these certainly fit the bill. The recipe is incredibly easy and the results are lovely. Definitely a keeper.