- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 drops red food coloring paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 20 -25 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, vanilla.
- Add red food coloring.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough hold together. (If dough is dry, mix in 1 – 2 Tablespoons light cream.
- Mold dough by teaspoonfuls around Maraschino cherry.
- Place cookies about 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until set but not browned.
- Cool. Dip tops of cookies into Icing.