Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Grandma Katie's Macaroon Recipe. Light Airy Delicious Cookies
Make and share this Nelson Cookie Bake Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 40 maraschino cherries (cut into fourths)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites with mixer until stiff (about 10 minutes).
- Add sugar gradually until well mixed.
- Add almond extract and coconut and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Place 1/4 piece Maraschino in center of cookie.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees.