Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is Dan Howard's Grandmother Reed's Sugar Cookie recipe. A traditional Christmas favorite of the Howard family.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, melted shortening, buttermilk, and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add baking soda, cream of tarter and flour. Mix until well blended.
- Drop by cookie scoop on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cookies cool. Then frost with Pillsbury Vanilla icing. Add sprinkles. Allow frosting to set prior to storing the cookies.