Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Traditional Holiday Favorite. Grandma Katie's Recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (use 1/2 cup powdered sugar in recipe and remaining powdered sugar to roll cookies in after they are)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup finally chopped almonds
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place almonds in food processor and chop until fine. Reserve almonds to add to cookies later.
- Cream 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and salt and mix until well blended.
- Add almonds.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into ¾” balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 14 – 16 minutes at 325 degrees. Cookies should be set but not brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately roll in powdered sugar. Cool, and then dip in powdered sugar again.