Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traditional Holiday Favorite. Grandma Katie's Recipe.
Make and share this Nelson Cookie Bake Almond Crescents recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place almonds in food processor and chop until fine. Reserve almonds to add to cookies later.
- Cream 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and salt and mix until well blended.
- Add almonds.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll dough into ¾” balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 14 – 16 minutes at 325 degrees. Cookies should be set but not brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately roll in powdered sugar. Cool, and then dip in powdered sugar again.