This is a very firm jelly with a concentrated fruit taste. It can be sliced or spread or cubed whatever. Children eat it like sweets (candies). Really very nice. It is a very old English recipe: to my family knowledge it goes back to about 1900.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you have loads of plums, just stick to the proportions above.
- 2Wash the plums and slit them.
- 3Put in heavy pan with the water.
- 4Simmer very gently till tender.
- 5Remove stones and sieve- save time- liquidise.
- 6Put in pan with sugar.
- 7Stir continuously till the sugar is completely dissolved, then boil fast till setting point is reached.
- 8Careful here, I strongly recommend using a jam thermometer at this last step.
- 9I like mine sliced, so pot it in small rectangular dishes.
- 10It'a fine for people who dislike seeds in their preserves.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nelly's Plum Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g