Recipe by Toby Jermain
I was given this recipe by a very dear neighbor, now in her 90s and living in a retirement home. They taste great. Prep time does not include overnight setting time.
- 1 jar dill pickle, drained,sliced,and returned to jar,brine reserved
- 1 -3 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly combine sugar, vinegar and spices, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour over pickle slices in pickle jar.
- Top up as necessary with remaining pickle juice.
- Cover, and allow to set overnight.
- Drain and serve.
- Note: You can make this as sweet as you want.
- I like about 1-1/2 cups of sugar.
- Nell liked to use all 3 cups.