1/2 Photos of Nell's Fruitcake Cookies
Altho this recipe requires a lot of "cutting/chopping"... it's worth every second. I made this for a cookie exchange one time and afterwards, when the hostess' husband arrived home... he took one look at my cookies and said "My grandmother made those fruitcake cookies!" ... to which I responded... "So did mine." He loved them and requested the recipe, which I gladly shared.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates (the whole ones you have to cut up are better than the pre-diced one)
- 1/2 cup candied red cherries, cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup green glazed cherries, cut in quarters
- 1Cream together crisco and sugar.
- 2Stir in egg; add milk and blend well.
- 3Sift dry ingredients together, stir in to batter.
- 4Add nuts, dates, and cherries, stirring to distribute evenly.
- 5Chill dough 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet; top w/ half cherry or walnut/pecan half.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown.
- 9Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nell's Fruitcake Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied red cherries
green glazed cherries