My hairdresser gave me this recipe years ago and I've made it so many times that I've come to think of it as my own. I've never served it to anyone who didn't like it. It's important that you use the combination of soups as listed or the gravy won't taste the same and the Monterey jack cheese adds such a creamy taste without being overwhelmingly cheesy. If you prefer a bottom crust, you may use a second can of the crescent rolls. I usually just use a top crust. The prep time is just an estimate since I usually cut up the ingredients early in the day and put in plastic baggies in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, do not drain
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent roll dough
- 1Sauté onion, pepper and chicken in oil until vegetables are tender and chicken has turned white.
- 2Mix soups and mixed vegetables (including liquid).
- 3Pour over chicken and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 4Turn into a 9"x 13" baking dish.
- 5Top with grated cheese.
- 6Separate crescent roll dough into triangles and place over cheese.
- 7It will not cover completely and this is not important.
- 8Bake in a 375°F oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nell's Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.2
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 1344.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 37.5 g