Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The original version of this, and "Nell's Corn Casserole II' were given to us by our neighbor, Nell Haberstick, now pushing 92 years old, who acts and almost looks 25 years younger... we should all be so lucky. She brought them to neighborhood alley parties.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 (12 ounce) cansshoe peg white corn or 2 (12 ounce) cansthawed frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, combined with
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Combine all ingredients except breadcrumb mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs around edge.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until heated through, 25-30 minutes.