Recipe by BecR
From "The Original Nellie & Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice" bottle label. A nice lighter version of the famous pie. No baking required. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Ooh - this surprised me - I just made it for us but this would be good enough for company! I used key lime yogurt and the 2/3 cup was conveniently the exact amount in a small 8 oz container. When I stirred in the gelatin it was clumpy so I put the whole mixture in the blender which removed the lumps and made it nice and creamy. This was just perfect with Recipe#59018 in lieu of a graham cracker crust. Thank you for sharing this recipe...I doubt I'll ever make the kind with egg yolks again!
- 9 inches graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (or low fat)
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt (or low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup nellie & joe's key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together milk, yogurt, lime juice and zest. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let soften for 2 minutes, then whisk into lime mixture.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to set. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate, preferably overnight.