Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband grew up on this and it is my daughter's favorite. It quick, cheap and easy.
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 2 -3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown ground round and onion in skillet.
- Mix beef mixture, soup and green beans in round casserole dish.
- Spoon potatoes over beef, leaving a hole in the center.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or until potatoes start to brown on edges.
This was awesome! I have never tried shepard's pie before and I was a little skeptical to try this. I am so glad I took the chance. It was so unbelievably easy and everyone in my family loved this so I wil be making this on a regular basis. Thanks for a great recipe!
My family loved this meal and will become a regular dinner at our house. The only change I made I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, which was just as tasty.
I made this exactly as it reads using "butter and herb" instant mashed potatoes and it was a hit! My husband doesn't always appreciate my new recipes but last night ate three servings of this dish! Great JOB!