1/1 Photo of Nell Newman's Marinated Ginger Tofu over Crispy Browned Soba Noo
2 hrs 40 mins
I got this recipe from Newman's Own Cookbook. Tofu is so good in soy sauce. This is an excellent dish! Update: Due to reviews, please use a low sodium soy sauce, so it won't be too salty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tofu, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup tamari or 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 stalks bok choy, sliced 1/2 ,thick 1 large zucchini, sliced 1/2 , thick
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Simmer the tofu in the soy sauce with the gingeroot, onion, and the 2 1/4 cups of water for 1 hours.
- 2Allow to marinate for at least 1 hours.
- 3or up to 5 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350*.
- 5Place the red pepper, celery, bok choy, and zucchini in a large, shallow, ovenproof dish and pour the tofu and marinade over them.
- 6Braise for 30 to 60 minutes.
- 7,depending on how you like your tofu or how much time you have.
- 8I usually cook it until the tofu is browned and the sauce is bubbly.
- 9While the tofu is cooking, place the soba noodles in boiling water with 1 tbls.
- 10of sesame oil and cook until al dente.
- 11Drain and place in nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- 12Add the remaining 2 tbls.
- 13of sesame oil and spread the noodles so they cover the pan evenly.
- 14Cook until darkly browned or lightly burned.
- 15To serve, spoon the tofu mixture over individual portions of the fried noodles.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nell Newman's Marinated Ginger Tofu over Crispy Browned Soba Noo
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2110.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g