Recipe by M. Joan
I first tasted this salsa at a party and the hostess was gracious enough to give me the recipe. I named the recipe after her. My family requests this recipe every time they come to visit. It is my favorite salsa recipe!
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grate or shred
- 3 green onions, plus tops,chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, diced or chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mild green chilies, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packageof good seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Good Seasons Italian dressing according to package, using the vinegar, water and oil.
- Mix the cheese, onions, tomatoes, black olives, green chilies and cilantro together.
- Pour Good Seasons Italian dressing over all.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with Wheat Thins or Tortilla chips.
- I use more olives than calls for and just slice or chop up the amount I like.
- To get the full recipe, it is best to use a solid block of cheese.