M. Joan's Note:
I first tasted this salsa at a party and the hostess was gracious enough to give me the recipe. I named the recipe after her. My family requests this recipe every time they come to visit. It is my favorite salsa recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grate or shred
- 3 green onions, plus tops,chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, diced or chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mild green chilies, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package of good seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1Mix the Good Seasons Italian dressing according to package, using the vinegar, water and oil.
- 2Mix the cheese, onions, tomatoes, black olives, green chilies and cilantro together.
- 3Pour Good Seasons Italian dressing over all.
- 4Refrigerate until needed.
- 5Serve with Wheat Thins or Tortilla chips.
- 6I use more olives than calls for and just slice or chop up the amount I like.
- 7To get the full recipe, it is best to use a solid block of cheese.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nelda's Cheese Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix