Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's important to use plenty of raisins for this recipe, use more if you like. I really enjoy the texture of these cookies; their especially good with a glass of milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (light brown)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 egg (large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a work bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy.
- Turn the speed to low and add the egg and almond extract, beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; add it to the butter mixture and beat until mixed.
- Add the oatmeal and raisins and mix .
- Grease a cookie sheet, or use a non-stick spray.
- With a 2 tablespoon measure, drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet in dollops about 3 inches apart.
- Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into 2-inch circles.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are browned around the edges.
Best oatmeal raisin cookies ever! Made these cookies for my father-in-law's birthday and he loved them. He said they were the best oatmeal raisin cookies he has ever had in his life and oatmeal raisin are his favorite!