Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I just had this at a party. It is awesome! A nice chunky dip, I would double the batch because it went really fast.
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 slices bacon, cooked,crumbled and cooled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Serve with crackers or apple slices.
A very nice and tasty dip that is a great change from the ordinary. We loved the taste of the toasted almonds with the bacon. Very easy to put together. I served this with Ritz wheat crackers. YUM!
I wanted to love it, but I just didn't & neither did any of my guests. It was just O.K. at best & the mayonaise was overwheming to me. I may give it another shot and try substituting sour cream for 1/2 the amount of the mayo. I also used pre-packaged bacon bits. I will try actually cooking & crumbling it myself next time. If that improves it substantially, I will update this. But I was disappointed, especially after reading most of the other reviews. Maybe they love the taste of mayo.If that's your thing, you may love this too.
Well, I burnt the almonds. Luckily, I had more, but I didn't toast them. Made as directed, otherwise. Very tasty. Taking it to a party - that is, if there's any left!