lynnski / LA's Note:
This recipe supports the Mae West theory which esposes that: "too much of a good thing can be wonderful". The recipe is from one of my favorite books, the Neiman Marcus cookbook. They are just the thing to have with a tall glass of lemonade on a hot summer day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in a double boiler and set aside.
- 3Place the butter and brown sugar in a work bowl, and with an electric mixer beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds, until the mixture is fluffy.
- 4Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add the melted chocolate and eggs, mix until incorporated.
- 5In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; add to the work bowl while beating on low speed until the four is mixed inches.
- 6Mix in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- 7Prepare a cookie sheet by greasing or use non-stick spray.
- 8Drop cookies on the baking sheet using a 2 tablespoon measure, drop about three inches apart.
- 9Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into 2-inch circles.
- 10Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies are nicely browned atound the edges.
- 11Bake a little longer for crisper cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neiman Marcus Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 99.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g