Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Wonderful, moist chocolate cake topped with a delicious sweet cream cheese topping, and very easy to make...a wonderful clone to the Neiman Marcus cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 4 cups icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix with 1 egg, butter Or margarine; mix until smooth.
- Pat the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and the chopped nuts evenly over the cake-crust in the pan.
- in a bowl, mix together the icing sugar, cream cheese and the remaining 2 eggs until well blended; pour over the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool a little before cutting.
- Serve warm or cooled-- DELICIOUS!