Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful, moist chocolate cake topped with a delicious sweet cream cheese topping, and very easy to make...a wonderful clone to the Neiman Marcus cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 4 cups icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix with 1 egg, butter Or margarine; mix until smooth.
- Pat the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and the chopped nuts evenly over the cake-crust in the pan.
- in a bowl, mix together the icing sugar, cream cheese and the remaining 2 eggs until well blended; pour over the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Let cake cool a little before cutting.
- Serve warm or cooled-- DELICIOUS!
This might be my new favorite dessert. It was VERY rich and had a creamy texture. I made mine with praline (candied) pecans and it definitely the way to go.
This was an easy recipe to prepare and it was enjoyed by all. Other "Neiman Marcus" recipes posted on this site use different cake mixes and I look forward to trying a different one at a later date. Thanks for posting!
This cake was very easy to prepare and was a big hit at our "game night" this evening. Everyone liked it and I will be making it again!! Thanks Kitten, you are queen of food.com!