Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Also known as Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. Very rich but oh, so delish!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury's moist supreme yellow cake mix (with pudding)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bottom Layer: Mix cake mix, melted butter, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with a spoon.
- Pat into a 9x13 inch greased pan.
- Top Layer: Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with and electric mixer. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the bottom layer.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Top layer should be flakey and a light golden brown. Allow to cool. Cut into squares.
I forgot how delish this recipe was.I had made it a few years ago,and since I had all the ingr.on hand I just had to whip it up for coffee time this morning.If anyone is looking for something easy and very good this is it.Thanx for spuring my memory on the recipe.
This Cake was wayyyyyyyy too sweet and Very Pudding like texture.. I didn't like it at all.. Its Way to Much Sugar or Powdered Sugar I think it has to have something Listed Wrong.. I cooked it for one of my many Xmas Cakes but it was a Flop..People Compare it to the OOEY Gooey Butter Cake but this particular recipe tasted nothing like the ooey gooey butter cake that I have made over and over from a Paula Deen Cookbook.. 2 Thumbs Down for me on this Recipe.. Double Check Your Ingredients Please..Thanks!